Mobile technology is changing the way people find and use information and services. How does government interact with the public in this anytime, anywhere world?
This Making Mobile Gov Project is helping agencies work together to make a more open, innovative government to meet 21st century citizen expectations.
Recently I attended Mobile Monday Washington DC “Women and Philanthropy: Mobile For Good Works” sponsored by Arent Fox LLP and Jump Market Strategies.
It was a really informative event, speakers inculded:
- US Department of State, Senior Advisor for Women and Technology (former Google executive), Ann Mei Chang
- General Services Administration (GSA), Director of Mobile, Gwynne Kostin
- USAID; Bureau of Global Health, Senior Advisor for Private Sector Partnerships, Sandhya Rao
- Co-Founder/Founder – SES, Europe Online, Teleport Europe, VATM and GTWN, Candace Johnson
- The government is opening up data to private developers; API’s
- Changing the mindset of government is hard when it comes to mobile
- Moving past PDF’s and really start sharing information
- With a Smartphone “You got the whole world in your hands”
- The next generation is mobile
- Mobile is just starting out
- Think big or Worldwide